Friday, July 10, 2009

Showing Off

I decided it was time to perform for the camera this morning, but only when Mommy flipped the screen so I could see myself. (Therefore, consider yourself warned...these videos may make you kinda sick to watch at times because there's lots of movement going on!) Trust me though, they're worth watching, just to see how smart I am. You'll notice that I'm often distracted by watching myself in the camera though...so I don't always do what I'm supposed to...imagine that!


(If you have trouble viewing this video, go to
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7V4Yhl3wrRE)

= = = = = = = = =
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =


(If you have trouble viewing this video, go to
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWaXyCfovso)


One thing she didn't catch on camera is the fact that I am pretty much a genius now. I have this toy with 5 blocks - each side has a different shape. (If you click on that link, don't worry, we didn't buy the toy...it was given to us.) Anyway, the blocks weren't there so I took each one and put them where they belong. In addition, I found the circle on each block and made sure it was facing up. Mommy didn't even prompt me to do it, but she was quite impressed when I did it. (I'm pretty sure she got a little teary eyed...she's such a "girl".)

Also, I'm big. The other night, I was watching Elmo's World while she was making dinner. (I tend to get VERY cranky around that time of day and just want her to hold me...something that's next to impossible when you're trying to cook because I also want to "help" with everything.) Anyway, they were brushing teeth on TV and the kids were rinsing their mouths out with these little cups. I found a little cup that I use to play, brought it in to Mommy while she was standing at the sink, and said "I-wa...deeenk" (a.k.a.: I want...drink). She couldn't believe it. I got just a little bit of water in my cup and swiftly dumped it all over my chest. (Hmm, I guess that's why she never gives me cups without lids.) This communication thing is pretty cool though, I'm trying out new words all the time and following directions better than Mommy knew I could...maybe these parents of mine will finally start understanding what I want!

2 comments:

Beth Guccione said...

Sarah and Lou - These are the most adorable videos ever! What a little cutie you have on your hands! He is a very smart little boy, GREAT work guys!

Unknown said...

These videos are really cute, I think he is really talking!Grandma,
and kisses to you Joshie