A lot of people have asked why we decided to break up the 12 hour drive into two days and stay the night at a hotel in between. To help explain, here's a little glimpse into the last 30 minutes of our car ride on the way down there, just before we stopped for the night...enough said?
(This can also be viewed at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUaQI20BDyk)
My friend Lily is a year older than me, so I guess being around her so much was really good for me. It seems like I EXPLODED with new things while we were gone, though some things I was already working on before we left:
- I've mastered using a spoon, at least for eating things like applesauce, though I still prefer to use my fingers...they're much faster.
- I now know some sign language and can tell you when I want "more", say "please" and "thank you" and occasionally "all done".
- I (finally) wave "hi" or "bye bye" on demand and blow kisses. (Took me long enough, huh?)
- Whenever we pass by a semi truck, I know to bend my arm and move it up and down to make a "HONK, HONK" sound.
- Lily taught me all about the game of "ready...set...GO!!" and I yell my own version of it as I'm doing it.
- I learned how to say "yah", though I don't quite understand the meaning of it yet. I can also say "dada", "mama", "dog", "duck" (and I know that it "quacks"), "car", "truck", "all done", "moo", "applesauce" and "diaper".
- I know that when I'm asked if I need my diaper changed, to go into my room...and occasionally I'll go get a diaper and bring it out to Mommy or Daddy on my own.
- I've decided walking is for the birds and the only acceptable method of transportation is to RUN...everywhere.
- Last, but definitely not least, I started to LOVE the Foo Fighters and became a dancing MACHINE. (Please pardon the mess in the background. What can I say, I'm 100% boy and have been described as "a tornado"...which pretty much sums me up.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUaQI20BDyk)
My friend Lily is a year older than me, so I guess being around her so much was really good for me. It seems like I EXPLODED with new things while we were gone, though some things I was already working on before we left:
- I've mastered using a spoon, at least for eating things like applesauce, though I still prefer to use my fingers...they're much faster.
- I now know some sign language and can tell you when I want "more", say "please" and "thank you" and occasionally "all done".
- I (finally) wave "hi" or "bye bye" on demand and blow kisses. (Took me long enough, huh?)
- Whenever we pass by a semi truck, I know to bend my arm and move it up and down to make a "HONK, HONK" sound.
- Lily taught me all about the game of "ready...set...GO!!" and I yell my own version of it as I'm doing it.
- I learned how to say "yah", though I don't quite understand the meaning of it yet. I can also say "dada", "mama", "dog", "duck" (and I know that it "quacks"), "car", "truck", "all done", "moo", "applesauce" and "diaper".
- I know that when I'm asked if I need my diaper changed, to go into my room...and occasionally I'll go get a diaper and bring it out to Mommy or Daddy on my own.
- I've decided walking is for the birds and the only acceptable method of transportation is to RUN...everywhere.
- Last, but definitely not least, I started to LOVE the Foo Fighters and became a dancing MACHINE. (Please pardon the mess in the background. What can I say, I'm 100% boy and have been described as "a tornado"...which pretty much sums me up.)
(This can also be viewed at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZ0NqQRkWPc)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZ0NqQRkWPc)
No comments:
Post a Comment