My mommy wrote on her blog about a sad day we had this past weekend...I didn't really notice when it happened, but I have been wondering where Bailey Dog has been and didn't understand why no one answered me when I asked about him. I guess this explains it. They must love me a lot! Here's her post:
Good Bye, Old Friend
We said good bye to an old friend this weekend. More than just a friend, really. Our first object of affection other than each other. The one who taught us to consider something more than ourselves as we lived our lives. The one who showed us how to care for another living being. That one is our Bailey Dog.
You came to live with us when you were so little, you could hardly walk on your own. You will be 8 years old at the end of November. Eight years is a long time. Today is my first week day at home without you here, and I find that I miss you like crazy. I keep waiting for you to come in the kitchen when you hear that I could possibly be cooking. I wait for you to show up under the table to clean up the floor after the little one eats. You never come though.
I don't know why you couldn't make the adjustment to having kids around you, but the decision had to be made. He wanted to love you so much but you didn't want anything to do with him. You were one of the reasons why she picked us for him. It could've been so great for all of us...but it wasn't. It was a constant time of stress and I'm sure you felt it too. Our children have to be the priority.
We will miss you more than I told myself, but I still know it's for the best. I suppose these feelings all won't disappear overnight but it sure would make things easier. You were a great dog to us and no other will ever compare.

No comments:
Post a Comment