Monday, July 12, 2010

Half Over?!

I just found out that the summer is basically half way over.  How is that even possible?!  I've been quite busy, so I guess I shouldn't really be surprised.  I'm sorry it's been so long since the last time I posted anything.  I've had to keep an eye on things around here because something's been going on...I'm just not quite sure what it is yet.  Mommy's been very distracted though, acting like she has other things to think about besides making me happy and meeting every single one of my demands at the exact moment I want it. I'm going to have to sit her down and have a talk with her about this soon.  A boy just can't live like this, ya know?

I'll include an album of pictures from our Picasa page at the bottom of this post so you can have a visual version of everything I've been up to.  In short, as I mentioned above, we have been quite busy.  I've been to Six Flags a couple of times (including the water park -- just ask me about the "boats"!), I've been to our block party, my Mommy's family reunion, we've seen lots of friends, I've started new traditions with my Daddy when we come home late at night, I've eaten lots and lots of frozen custard, been to the pool, played hard, watched fireworks from inside our house, and crash hard at the end of the day.

Why did I watch fireworks from inside our house, you ask?  Don't my parents love me?  Yes, they do.  I was quite exhausted on the 4th of July so we went straight home from Nana's house and I got ready for bed.  Mommy saw some fireworks going off in the neighborhood and in the distance, so Daddy and I rushed outside to join her.  As soon as I heard the noise, I covered my ears, cowered into Daddy and said, "NO!  NO BOOMS!".  This is my third year to experience fireworks and the very first time I have not been completely fascinated with them.  (Mommy thinks the fact that I was sleepy may have something to do with it.)  Anyway, we came inside and watched them out the front window instead -- I was much happier there and gave Daddy a play-by-play of what I saw.

I can't wait to see what exciting things we'll do the rest of the summer!  In the mean time, take a look at these pics to hold you over until my next post:




Summer 2010



No comments: