While I was napping the other day (and Daddy was working downstairs), Mommy took Avery to the doctor for her two month checkup. (Can you believe she's already two months old?! Neither can we.) The doctor said she looks great and kept commenting on how cute she is! She was 11 pounds, 15 ounces (75th percentile again), 22 3/4 inches long (70th percentile) and her head was 14 3/4 inches (25th percentile). (I've never seen ANY numbers in the 25th percentile, so Mommy's not really sure how to handle that one. haha) All in all, he said she was an "average" sized baby. When he laid her down and lifted her by the arms to check her neck strength, he said "If she was 4 months old, I'd say she's average, but at just 2 months, she's EXCEPTIONAL!" Silly doctor...we already KNEW that! :) Needless to say, he was quite impressed with how strong she is.
I think Mommy might have scheduled this appointment without me on purpose after experiencing last time what it's like to have me around when Avery just got one shot. This time, I woke up from my nap to see this...
My poor baby sister! That's 1-2-3-4...FOUR band aids! I heard Mommy tell Daddy that Avery was quite upset while getting these -- I would have been beside myself if I had to witness that. I guess Mommy's pretty smart for not bringing me along!
Avery has been smiling for about a month now, even though the doctor thought Mommy was nuts last month when she told him it had started.
Isn't she ADORABLE?! This picture just makes me want to kiss her and squeeze her. (Please pardon the bulging belly...she had just eaten and her mid-section gets quite large after she's finished!)
Last, but not least, here's a little video for you to enjoy to show you just how happy Avery is these days. She especially likes the fishies above her swing. (I apologize in advance for the background noise that I contributed to this video. I was having some trouble with a toy that was not cooperating and I lost my "cool" a bit.)
(This video can also be viewed at
http://youtu.be/WYBJ236t-ho)
No comments:
Post a Comment