Tuesday, July 5, 2011

4th of July Weekend & Stuff

I love holiday weekends...especially when they involve fireworks. We had SO much fun, I don't even know where to start!

Friday night, we went to our friend's house and played, and played, and PLAYED so hard. Daddy & Paul set off some fireworks later that night and I LOVED them at first. I came bursting into the house, all excited & telling Mommy about "booms!" and "fireworks!" and "come see, come see!". Just as she was coming outside, I suddenly decided I didn't like the noise. She coaxed me out there a few times and we covered my ears together, but I still didn't like how LOUD they were.

On Saturday, we got to drive go karts and go swimming at Nana & PawPaw's house!
I. Had. SO. Much. Fun. !!!!
I've been taking swimming lessons for a few weeks now and I'm feeling a little more secure these days. By the time we were done swimming, I was pretty comfortable in my ring and/or arm floaties. That's a pretty big step for me!  Daddy drove me around on the go kart a few times and it was SO cool:


(You can also view this video at

Sunday brought church and then my cousin CarCar got to come home with us! They filled up our pools in the back yard while I was sleeping and the rest of his family was going to come over later to BBQ and swim. Unfortunately, Mommy didn't think to check the weather and there were thunderstorms the rest of the afternoon. When I got up, saw the pool, and got it set in my mind that I was going to swim. Not long after Uncle Ben & Aunt Jen got here, and before anyone could stop me, I stripped off ALL of my clothes, ran outside where Daddy was BBQ-ing in the rain, and jumped in the pool. Naked.  It's a good thing we have a tall privacy fence!

Monday was the 4th of July.  Independence Day, I'm told.  We went swimming again with Mommy's friend Keri and her family, ate some good dinner at "the Q" (Qdoba) and then accidentally met up with some friends and some neighbors when we went to go watch fireworks from a nearby church parking lot.  Mommy and Daddy weren't sure what to expect from Avery and I, but it went pretty well.  I was ALL excited for a good portion of them, but after a while, I got a little scared.  All it took was sitting on Daddy's lap (and him helping me cover my ears), and I continued to watch in amazement...


Avery, on the other hand, slept through the whole thing.  I can't believe she missed them all! Someone asked how on earth she was sleeping through it and Mommy reminded them that she lives with Daddy and I.  I have no idea what she's talking about.  :)

It just occurred to me that it's been a while since I've posted any pictures.  Here are a few to recap June and July (so far).  Hope you're enjoying your summer as much as I am!



June & July 2011

No comments: