Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Four Month Year Old


Wow, am I getting big! I'm four months old now, weigh 16 pounds, 15 ounces and am 26 1/2 inches long. (80th percentile for weight and 90th for height) I got five vaccinations again today (one oral and four shots) -- NOT COOL. However, the doctor was very impressed with me again and said that he would compare me to a six month old in my development and motor skills! It must be my amazing parents...

I admit that I've been a little cranky for the past few days/week and have been giving my mommy a hard time. The doctor confirmed today that I am, indeed, teething. There isn't anything breaking through yet, but he definitely saw my front teeth on the top coming soon! What a relief for mommy to know she's not just crazy and impatient.

He also said that I could start trying solid baby foods now. I'm totally ready for it! Mommy made a delectable mixture of rice cereal, bananas and formula for me today and I LOVED it! She actually started tearing up when she realized that I was opening my mouth up for the next bite. (I hadn't done that when I was just trying to eat the plain cereal and formula.) I'm not sure why she teared up about it...I guess it just must be the realization that her little man is growing up. I have a feeling that the bananas won't come back around after the next few days though. I heard her talking to Lily's mom about waiting on the fruits until I try my veggies first. It's a shame...I really love the sweet taste of bananas!

Here's a video that Mommy snuck in on me so Daddy could see me eating like a big boy...

No comments: