
Mommy and I celebrated our first Mother's Day on Sunday. Daddy and I got her a big bouquet of flowers and we went out for breakfast on Saturday morning. We went out to eat later that night for dinner with my Nana and some more of Mommy's family. We spent Sunday with Daddy's family and yesterday, I went to the nail place with Mommy while she got a pedicure (from us). I kept trying to stick my feet out, hoping they would let me splash in the water like she was, but no one would help me get in there. I did hear them joking about painting my toes blue, but Mommy knew Daddy wouldn't like it one bit. She seemed pretty relaxed, so I spent most of the time taking in the tranquility and sat peacefully on her lap. (It helped that it was nap time.)
I've also started doing a few new things since my last post. As you can see below, I love to grab my feet...usually when it's time to get my diaper changed...

I've also started "fake coughing"...and have found it's a good way to get attention from the ladies. I'm fully aware that I'm doing it, because as soon as Mommy looks at me or imitates me, I immediately give her a sly grin.
I'm still working hard on trying new foods with my cereal and have mastered all of the yellow and orange vegetables. We started on green beans earlier this week, so the only thing left to try is peas! (Daddy doesn't seem to like them, but I guess I'll give them a try.)
1 comment:
Lily loved doing the fake cough thing too. She still gets a kick out of it when my mom does it with her.
Post a Comment