Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Labor Day Weekend & the ER

The best part about our Labor Day weekend was that my Daddy was home from work for 3 WHOLE DAYS!!!  We played together a lot, watched a lot of awesomeness (GO TIGERS!), drove cars, and built towers.  Here's a few random tid bits from our weekend...

In case you ever wonder what happens when you lick out the yogurt bowl, now you know.  (NOTE: If you try this, make sure you give a big cheesy smile so your Mommy doesn't get mad about the mess she has to clean up.)

We had a great big thunderstorm the other day so Daddy and I went out to play for just a few minutes...I can't resist a good puddle!

Last, but not least, I had my first visit to the ER on Labor Day.  Now, don't get too worked up...it was only because our doctor's office was closed for the holiday.  We still can't figure out where I got it, but I have/had croup.  I was totally fine until I woke up from my nap on Saturday with a low fever.  Same thing on Sunday, but later that evening I started with the barking cough.  By Monday morning, my breathing was pretty ragged and my barking cough was pretty disturbing so the nurse's line said to go ahead and bring me in.  
Even though they had that really cool table just for me to play on, the Pediatric ER we went to had a Sesame Street DVD for me to watch while we waited...for two hours...for them to give me one dose of medicine and send me home.  I'll try harder next time to plan an important illness for when the doctors are in!  Here I am, watching the "We all live in a capital letter I" retro Sesame Street video.  For some reason, my parents thought it was really cool...I think they're just old.

I'm doing better today...sleeping a lot during nap time and giving my Mommy whiplash from my random mood swings today, but my regular breathing sounds normal again.  The croupy cough is still hanging around a little here and there, but they say we should be getting to the end of it.  (3 days, typically.)

No comments: