Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Family Reunion & A Birthday Party

Just a warning: I'm going to include a LOT of pictures in this post because I just had one of the greatest weekends ever!

On Saturday, we got to go to the park ALL DAY LONG for a Family Reunion with my Mommy's family...it was AWESOME!! I had a great time playing with my cousins -- like my 2nd cousin, Trent. He's only about a month or so younger than me -- we're going to be "quite a pair" as we get older!

I also spent some time blowing bubbles with my Great Grandma Polly and my 2nd cousin, Lexie. She was a lot better at it than I was, so in this picture, I was trying to ask for her help.

I played with my Auntie Kel Kel a lot...here she is with my Mommy. (I hear Mommy often making comments about how she can't believe Kelly is going to be 16 in November. What's the big deal about being 16? I don't get it.)

Auntie Kel Kel helped me do a flip in the grass and IT. WAS. AWESOME.


On Sunday, we went to my Aunt Dee Dee's house for my cousin Richelle's birthday party. It was chilly outside, but we spent a lot of time out there playing. (I think I'm pretty cool because I can climb up here all by myself now!)

Either Daddy or Uncle Rick found this BIG black bug for me. (I call them "buhs".) I'm quite amazed by them right now and think it's hilarious when they jump out of my hand. My Mommy, on the other hand, does not really agree with me. I think she took this picture just before I threw the bug at her feet...she screamed like a little girl and ran away. Silly Mommy.

Grandpa even pushed me around the yard on Sophie's bike for a while!

Mommy got a little emotional when she took this picture and realized what was going on. In our family, all of the kids naturally gather around the table and sit down when it's time for birthday cake. Without any guidance, she looked down to see me crawling up on a chair to wait for cake...just like one of the "big kids". Hoo-boy...this whole "me growing up" thing is going to be tough on her, I can see it already.

No comments: