Saturday, November 6, 2010

An Ultrasound...Whatever That Is

A couple days ago, Grandma came over to my house to play with me, just as I was getting ready to eat breakfast.  (I didn't even care that Mommy and Daddy were leaving, because I LOVE to play with her!)  They all kept talking about something called an "ultrasound".  I'm not really sure what that is, but it must have something to do with the baby in Mommy's belly -- it seemed like they were excited to find out if I was getting a baby brother or a baby sister.

Mommy and Daddy came back home a while later and told me I'm getting a baby SISTER!  (That's a girl...in case you were unsure, like I was.)  I haven't told them about this yet, but I'm pretty pumped about the whole thing...I'm hoping this means I won't have to share my toys and other stuff.  I mean, I already had to give up my furniture!  (I got new stuff though, so it's okay.)

As I was looking around on the computer, I found some funny looking pictures.  I can't really tell what most of them are, but this one was my favorite.  I think she has a pretty cute little hand!

Hi, baby sister...I see you waving at me!  
We're gonna have LOTS of fun together.  I love you!

Side note: If you follow this blog to keep up with our adoption journey, you might be interested to know my Mommy started another blog (more anonymous than this one) about my baby sister's journey.  When they began the process to adopt her, Mommy found similar blogs that really helped -- when you go into something scary/unknown like embryo adoption, it's nice and reassuring to know what lies ahead.  It's not a blog that will be updated very often, and once the baby is born, she and I will probably share this blog.  It's really just a source of information, experiences, and spiritual uplifting for couples in a similar situation.  If you're interested, you can check it out at ourembryoadoptionjourney.blogspot.com.


No comments: