I just realized I never wrote about Christmas tree day this year! It's one of our favorite days of the year and, personally, I think it just keeps getting better. This year, I didn't ride in the backpack carrier, but got to walk through the field like a big kid -- SO cool.
I woke up to remember it had snowed a little bit the day before (Thanksgiving Day), and we still had a nice little dusting the next morning, though it was mostly gone by the time we got back home.
We got in the car and made our annual trip to Eckert's in Millstadt to cut down our own tree. We all dressed in layers, made sure we had hats and gloves, and were ready to be all bundled up once we arrived. Slight problem though. We got out of the car and Mommy asked Daddy where my coat was...he thought she grabbed it and she thought he would have grabbed it when he got his own coat. Turns out, he didn't wear the coat that was laying by mine, so it was still at home. Good thing she had 2 layers to her coat, because they did some adjusting and that's what I wore! (It's also a good thing that I'm a hot box and was still warm to the touch even though I refused my mittens and my hat after a while.)
I tried so hard to get into this cool old truck while we waited for the tractor, but it was locked. I kept telling Mommy about it, but she wouldn't open it for me - I don't know why!
We're finally on the tractor! This is my favorite part of this entire trip we take every year.
After finding our perfect tree, I helped push while Daddy cut it down.
Then I helped him carry it. We didn't let Mommy and baby sister help us; this is "man's work".
I had to show my disgust in the middle of the Christmas tree field when Mommy wouldn't let me run around with the saw in my hand. I would've been totally fine and would not have tripped on ANY stumps or slid in ANY of the mud, but I couldn't convince her to let me have it.
Can you tell which one is our tree?! (Don't worry, I can't either.)
On our way to the car! Whew, Daddy. This is heavy.
I took a little break to drive the tractor while Daddy paid for our tree.
While Daddy put the tree on top of our car, Mommy took me to the back of the car and took off my muddy shoes and jeans. Wearing my pj pants underneath for added warmth, I decided to take a new route to get to my car seat -- it was quite fun!
I sure do love my Christmas tree!
Merry Christmas, everyone!

1 comment:
Grandma Rohan loves this story , especially your monkey PJs. I'm glad you are so strong, you can help Mommy and Daddy.
Post a Comment