Hello, world! Avery here. I've stayed silent for over four months now and have decided it's time for my big brother to share the stage. I have been waiting for just the right moment and I've found it. Like I said, it's a big deal. Monumental. Stuff that big kids and grown-ups do. I started eating solid foods. Correction: solid food. Rice cereal to be exact.
It all started last night after I woke up from my nap. It was dinner time for Mommy, Daddy, and Josh so I didn't think much of it when I ended up in my high chair. Much to my surprise, Mommy had a bowl and tiny spoon in her hand and sat down right in front of me! I heard her talking about how the doctor said I was ready for food at my last appointment, but that SHE wasn't ready. I've been waking up at night again for about a week now, after sleeping through the night since I was about 6 weeks old. I'm running the parents ragged, so I think that's what made her cave. That, and the fact that I demanded a feeding again at 1am the night before. *sheepish grin*
Hmm...Mommy has something in her hand and is headed for me!
It doesn't smell or look very good, you guys...
I'll be honest, it doesn't taste all that great either.
This is kinda cool, guys. I'm like a big kid and stuff.
Sometimes I get myself a little stuck.
For those of you wondering if it worked, the answer is yes. Well, sort of. I still woke up at 1am, but that was because I had a dirty diaper. Mommy changed me and I went back to sleep -- I didn't make another peep until 7:30am. I think she'd prefer I didn't wake up at all, but I tried to tell her...when ya gotta go, YA GOTTA GO! I just grinned at her a lot while she changed me, knowing it makes her smile and laugh. It worked. She's pretty much wrapped around my little finger. Daddy is too. And Joshie. All three of them - hooked - in just four months? I am awesome!
No comments:
Post a Comment