Sunday, October 16, 2011
Six Months
Nope, your eyes are not deceiving you. That really does say 6 months old! Half of a year. Already. But she is SO much fun!
I took Avery and Mommy to the doctor the other day and we found out that she weighed 17.4 pounds and was 26 1/4 inches long (75th percentile for both). Her head, on the other hand, was only 16 1/4 inches (25th percentile), but she's never been big in that area, so it was no surprise. The doctor was quite impressed with her as usual, commenting again on how strong she is and how great her head control is. When Mommy told him she's not quite able to sit up on her own, he pointed out that it's not even an item on his checklist for this age, so that's pretty great! I was really proud of her.
When Mommy told me Avery had an appointment that morning, I (coincidentally) decided that my ear hurt and that I needed the doctor to check it for me. (Everything looked fine.) After he did, I asked if he was going to listen to my chest. So he did that too. Then they decided to go ahead and do my flu shot while we were there, so they put me on the scale and he listened to my lungs too. Since I haven't had any breathing/wheezing issues in so long, I was able to just do the flu mist vaccine this time, which meant no needles for me! It was pretty cool. Avery, on the other hand, wasn't so lucky. She had to drink one yucky thing and ended up with FIVE band aids on her legs by the time we left. I was pretty proud of how tough she was though -- she only cried for a little bit. While she cried I helped Mommy stroke her head and tell her it was going to be okay. As we were walking out of the building, my crazy mom decided to stop - VOLUNTARILY - and get a flu shot for herself too. If grown ups think it's a good idea to get shots when someone isn't making them do it, then I don't want to grow up. I'll just be a kid, thank you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment