Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Nine Months and Four Years

It's true that Avery has been nine months old for a while now, but I was waiting to get her "stats" from the doctor before I wrote this post.  She and I BOTH went for our well visits on Monday (and we BOTH got shots...which I was NOT too happy about).  She weighed 19 pounds, 1 ounce (51st percentile), was 27 inches long (27th percentile) and her head was 17.3 inches (48th percentile).  So basically, she has not even gained two pounds in the last three months, she didn't grow nearly as much as we thought she did (only 3/4 of an inch), but her head has caught up to the rest of her body again (she was in the 25th percentile at 6 months).  She went from having ZERO teeth to THREE (possibly four) in about a week's time.  (Her bottom middle two, her top right fang, and possibly another one coming in on the bottom.)  She's also getting to be a lot of fun...and kind of a pest these days.  She is crawling like crazy, and she is FAST!  This also means that she gets into my toys all the time.  It used to be safe for me to play with them up on our big ottoman, but she's been pulling herself up for a while now so nothing is safe.  Mommy had to pull the tray off (so she didn't whack herself in the head with it) so it's now an awesomely clear play area, but I still get mad when she tries to play with my toys in the midst of a "thing" I've got going on.  I still adore her though...no worries there!  She's getting to be pretty vocal these days, screeching and babbling like girls babies do.  Her latest thing is a constant growly kind of voice.  She can usually be found, just crawling around on the floor, growling a never-ending "mamamamama".  It's pretty funny!

It was really hard to get a picture of Avery this month.  Luckily,
Daddy and I were there to help get her to look at the camera.  Once.

Me, on the other hand?  Well, in the craziness of our lives, we never stopped to blog about it, but I turned 4 years old the day after Christmas!  If you've been to our Picasa page, you'll see that I had THREE birthday parties this year -- one with some family, one at home on my birthday, and one with my friends at Mc Donald's.  Stat-wise, I'm pretty much the same as usual.  I weighed almost 49 pounds (down from 50, just a month ago, but I've been sick the last few days) and I was 44.5" tall.  Both of those are the 99th percentile, in case you were wondering.  In case you didn't do the math, 44.5 inches is 3 feet 8.5 inches...which is only a foot and a half shorter than Mommy.  At this rate, I just MIGHT be taller than her by Kindergarten after all!

We've only had two puny little snows this winter, but Daddy and I
tried to take advantage of them.  I'm still hoping for a big one!

Since we haven't posted pictures in a while, be sure to look around on our Picasa page.  There are lots of pics from my birthday, Christmas and random ones like these:



Late Winter 2011/2012

No comments: