Since I'm lucky enough to have a birthday the day after Christmas, we were all pretty tired so I spent the day at home with Mommy and Daddy and just a few of our friends came over later that night. I think it was mostly so the grown ups could play after I went to bed, but I was still glad to see them and all of their kids!
As you can see, I got to eat a cupcake all by myself too...totally awesome. I got pretty messy but the parents didn't seem to mind it too much. They even took a video of it:
Rumor has it that I'm going to have a birthday party with both Mommy and Daddy's families in a few weeks, so I hope I get to devour some cake on my own all over again!
They also took lots of pictures on my actual birthday, too many to post, but you can check them out on our Picasa page here:Daddy's off work this week so he got to go to my doctor's appointment today with Mommy and me, which I thought was pretty cool. He hasn't gotten to go since my very first visit! After a lighter lunch, I weighed in at 24.11 pounds and am 31 1/2 inches tall. (75th percentile for weight, 90th for height) In case you haven't kept track I have a total of 9 teeth now, with a few more molars trying hard to work their way through...which you can definitely tell by the amount of drool constantly falling from my mouth! Overall, the doctor was very happy with my development and said I'm "a very good looking kid".
Now that I'm 1 and commonly referred to as a "toddler", I've decided that bottles are for babies...which I am not. The parents tried the "cold turkey" method on my birthday and gave me my first drink of real milk from a sippy cup. I didn't drink a whole lot of it that first day, but now I'm like an old pro. I admit that I do kinda miss my bottles though. I'm pretty sick with a cold today and a bit irritable so I cried like crazy when Mommy made the mistake of showing me the sign for "milk" while I was drinking this afternoon, something they used to do as they were giving me my "ba-ba's". She could see the thoughts running through my mind as I began to realize that I haven't had a bottle in a few days...and then there was no consoling me. Eventually I forgot about it, but I also refused to finish the milk in my cup...for now...but maybe later, it's good stuff.
(Here's my "official" pic, as promised. These aren't so easy to do anymore!)

No comments:
Post a Comment