Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Shameless Plug For A Good Cause


Daddy tried to teach me how to ride a bike the other day and ever since then, he and Mommy have been talking about a trip we're going to be taking in a few weeks. Apparently, Daddy does a bike ride every year called the MS150 and rides 200 miles over two days. For the past five years, Mommy has gone with him to volunteer at rest stops (and even rode her bike one year). Since I'll be 8 months old...and crawling...she's not gonna be able to help out this year, but instead we'll probably just hang out together and with our friend Steph. While I'm looking forward to exploring the great city of Columbia, MO and to swimming in the pool at the hotel, I'm also a bit concerned that it doesn't sound like my Bailey Dog is going with us. From what I've heard, I think Kimmy is going to stay with him at our house so he'll be fine. (He'll probably enjoy the break from always having to run away from me when I crawl toward him!)

Last year, my Uncle Rick and Aunt Dee Dee rode for the first time and are doing it again this year so I'm sure I'll also play with them when they're not riding their bikes. Mommy said she took this picture last year at 6:40am, so it sounds like we may have some early mornings...but maybe I'll give her a break and go back to sleep when we get back to the hotel.

By the way...every rider has a minimum amount of money they have to raise in order to ride. If you'd like to help him out, you can donate to the MS Society by going to http://main.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR/Bike/MOSBikeEvents?px=1814519&pg=personal&fr_id=7630 -- there's my shameless plug. :o)

No comments: