Woah, what a busy day! We woke up Thursday morning and Mommy and Daddy told me it was Thanksgiving Day. We went out to my Grandma and Grandpa's house and ate a big lunch with all of my aunts, uncles, cousins, and great grandma. I was pretty worn out by then, so I took a nap for a while before it was time for us to go back home. I noticed when I got up that morning that our kitchen table had been moved into our living room and that there were more tables out there than I had ever seen. Turns out, it was all because Mommy's family was all coming to our house so we could eat dinner with them. I got to play with my newest cousin for a little while (actually, he's Mommy's cousin...don't ask...it's a complicated family). He's 6 months and 1 day younger than me, so I'm totally pumped for him to get bigger. We'll have a great time with each other for sure!
On Friday, we woke up and they told me that the day after Thanksgiving is ALWAYS Christmas tree day! We loaded up the car and drove for what seemed like a LONG time and went to Eckert's in Millstadt, IL. (Thankfully, it was time for my morning nap anyway so I slept.) Right after we parked and I was getting out of my car seat, I heard Mommy was surprised about something...her old boss Larry and his wife Connie (and their kids) had pulled up right next to us! Daddy strapped me onto his back and we got to ride with them on a wagon pulled by a tractor out to rows and rows of trees. Mommy and Daddy hiked all over the place and finally found the perfect one for our house. I wanted to inspect it as well, but Daddy just wouldn't let me get close enough!
I got to hang out with Mommy while Daddy cut down the tree, but I was mostly focused on chewing on my glove.
After the wagon took us (and our tree) back, we ate lunch on a picnic bench and headed home. I was SO tired from everything that day that I went straight to bed. I don't think I slept as long as they had hoped because there were still boxes out everywhere, but when I got up I was so surprised at what they had done to our tree! It was beautiful.
(To see the video, you can also go to www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWC1MLJv1Q4. It looks best if you watch it in high quality.)
Later on, I did try to touch the tree and just cried and cried when Daddy told me no. I don't think Mommy's really looking forward to this battle for the next month, but maybe I'll give her a break...maybe.
No comments:
Post a Comment